Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Kelee: Summer Crafting?

There are things about my life that if I share them with you, you will never be able to see me the same way. Like if I told you about when I used to blog for my dog, you will never be able to hear me complain about being busy without calling me a big, fat liar. Which, I think, is a little harsh on your part. Or if I told you that I never put gasoline in my car until I went off to college, you will never be able to hear me whine about my hard childhood and cruel father (who made the make-it-move liquid magically appear in my car throughout high school) without chanting "Liar, liar pants on fire" at me. Real mature, by the way. So I'm nervous about telling you that the reason I've been blog-slacking is because I've been very busy this summer dealing with repressed childhood memories.
Actually, I've been busy doing super fantastic things. Like camping and sitting by various lakes and learning to snorkel in the same various lakes and eating creemees with my kids and installing new kitchen flooring and buying new glasses and being busy at work (and since we're self-employed, this is super fantastic). I've been spending all my spare time (between trips to the lake and home-improvement projects) crafting like a crazy crafting fool. I just got a big ol' box of yarn, which I've already cracked open and started using, and a big ol' box of clay, which I'm excited about cracking open. But summer is short and the creemee stands are only opened seasonally, so I'm hesitant to spend too much time writing about making stuff when I could be making stuff. Or at the lake. That's why the national craft council invented winter.

At the risk of being braggerific, here's a little taste of summer in Vermont.

No comments:

Post a Comment