Sunday, August 14, 2011

Alison: Shelburne Farms


My daughter is leaving for Leipzig, Germany tomorrow. She's spending her sophomore year of high school there. I will go too, and spend a week with her to see that she's settled in.

Before she leaves, he wanted to go to Shelburne Farms and walk the trails. She has known Shelburne Farms her entire life - when she was just an infant, her dad worked in their cheese division and lived in a apartment in the "big house." Before that her uncle was master gardener there. Zoe and her dad have spent many hours and days wandering around the property, and he and I always took her to the Inn for her birthday dinner.


This year she turns sixteen and this will be the first year we won't be going there for her birthday. So, maybe because of that, we spent a day there.

I will miss my love, but I know she will be experiencing something so rich and mind expanding by being in another country with its politics, culture and history.



To my sweet pea: Have an awesome time. I love you.


No comments:

Post a Comment