Monday, June 6, 2011

So Many Social Engagements, So Little Time

The Vermont winter is hard on cars. By the end of this winter, I had zero front doors that would open from the outside. I had to unlock the doors and then crawl through from the back to reach the front handle and push it open and pray it wouldn't latch back by the time I backed out of the backseat. I was quite excited when spring finally came, and I could leave my windows down and just reach in and open it from the outside like a normal upright human. Only we had the rainiest spring on record. I can no longer remember the final straw, but we got both door handles fixed. You should see me opening the doors. I look so high class. The best part is how easy it is to get in and out of my car.
I recently got a clay/pasta roller and an extruder. In polymer clay arting and crafting terms, this is the same as getting functioning car doors. It was possible to mix the clay before, but holy macaroly! It is so easy to do now.

Unfortunately, real life has been so busy lately that I've only had tiny pieces of time here and there to use them. This past weekend's 55th Annual Vermont Dairy Festival, which surrounds our tiny little Ma and Pa Coffee Shop in a fiscally supportive hug, was the final event of the Too Busy Month of Super Busy-ness.
The O-man has been surrogately working with clay for me.
New clays, too! Notice Stella, the dog,'s spokesmodel skillz.

No comments:

Post a Comment