Monday, January 17, 2011

Anticipating spring.

I have a cloth doll I would like to make a flapper dress for. I am watching the series "House of Elliot" through Netflix. It's about two sisters who start a fashion house. I love the costumes! I watch the episodes, then skim through the DVD again to stop at the costumes I love and sketch them. All those flowing fabrics, beading, embroidery...

Here is a pile of projects in the works. Fabris for bags, a cloth doll waiting to be assembled and dressed, beads, furry fabric for mice and bears...

I am also working on tote bags with a goat on them - see the sketch?


Here are two bags I have made in anticipation of spring. The fabric is from Nido in Burlington, Vermont. http://nidovt.com/. Below is another one. I need to put in grommets and attach the shoulder straps.


I also have matching checkbook covers. Next, Kelee will knit sweater sets in coordinating shades of blue, pink and green to go with these bags! (Add your own pearls.)

No comments:

Post a Comment